Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QuadT
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default S2 stuck on black screen with S logo cannot go further - pls help

The phone was doing an update and got hung on the black screen with the S logo. The S logo just flashes and it does not go further than that. Have to remove the battery to turn it off. Have turned it on and put in recovery mode and cleared caches but nothing happening. downloaded Kies and tried to connect but it says that it does not recognise the device. Don't want to flash it and loose data ... is there another way?

Default Re: S2 stuck on black screen with S logo cannot go further - pls help

Welcome to Android Central! You might consider trying a new battery, or perhaps borrowing the battery from a friend's S2.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! You might consider trying a new battery, or perhaps borrowing the battery from a friend's S2.
    Thanks B. Diddy but that did not work so I did the "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then "reboot system now" it but it still comes back to the black screen & flashing S logo ..... does this mean I now own a brick??

The only other thing I can suggest is to try booting into Safe Mode: How do I start my Samsung Galaxy S2 in Safe Mode? | MobiWhy

Thanks but it didn't work. Will take it into the service center.. hopefully they can figure it out!!
    B. Diddy likes this.