Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy How do i delete an account from my gmail app

I have 2 accounts connected to my gmail app on my phone. I would like to remove one and i'm not sure how.... Help i've honestly tried everything!!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: How do i delete an account from my gmail app

Easiest: Go to Settings->Accounts. Go to the google account in question. Remove that account. Done.

Back-up plan that always works: change the password on the account that you want to remove from the phone (you haven't changed your password for a while, right? it's time to do it). Your phone will fail to sync with the password. It effectively unlinks anything new from your account to your phone.

Worst case: factory reset the phone and only add back what you need. Since almost everything is on the cloud right now you hopefully shouldn't lose a lot. Make sure you have backed up everything you store locally on the phone (e.g. pictures, videos, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have 2 accounts connected to my gmail app on my phone. I would like to remove one and i'm not sure how.... Help i've honestly tried everything!!