Pressure Sensitive Stylus For Android

coocooman3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Android Central,

I recently acquired an HTC One M8 as my first android phone. Switching from my almost 4 year old iPhone 4, the 5-inch screen was a huge improvement (and the 64Gb Micro-SD I have isn't bad, either). As I am going into my first year of university I figured I'd look into taking some notes with it, as there is enough room on the screen to comfortably write. I bought a Musemee Stylus (would post amazon link for reference, but can't as I'm a relatively new user) as it had the smallest tip I could find. It is a great stylus and works quite well; and it matches the finish of my phone, which is a huge plus.

However, I ran into the problem that is inherent with capacitive screens lacking digitizers: I cannot rest my hand on the screen. This is unfortunate because the whole design of the stylus is that it can be used like a real pen or pencil, and it is really awkward to write without touching the screen. I have been looking into some kind of pressure sensing stylus, since it, while not as good as a dedicated digitizer, can help relieve this issue somewhat through software tricks.

Unsurprisingly, it seems only iProducts get these kind of fancy toys (the JaJa, Walcom's new bluetooth stylus, etc.), which is very annoying. So I was wondering if anyone on these forums knew of something that could solve this problem, either a stylus like the kind I described, or a notes app with built in palm-detection (not getting a tablet, so don't bother).

Thanks for any help.

coocooman3

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
On the glorious Google really. Didn't find too much on androidcentral.com, unless I missed a similar thread. It's hard to tell if some of the Bluetooth-like models actually work on android (for example the JaJa or the YuFu from Hex. YuFu supposedly does, found it after making the OP). I believe they would work, it's probably more about having apps that support them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21