Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 won't install any ROMs, can't get back to stock, stuck in TWRP

I cant install any ROMs because of the "Status 7" error... I have tried just about everything. I originally want to install Cyanogenmod 11, but it would not work, then i tried any rom (next choice was CandyKat) just so that i could get back into the phone... no luck. im stuck. can ANYONE help me PLEASE!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 won't install any ROMs, can't get back to stock, stuck in TWRP

Hello,

Two things come to mind here.

1. Did you make a nandroid backup in your recovery first? If so (which you always should) then you would have an escape route to restore back to a working state.

2. If all else fails you may have to Odin back to stock/working form.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 won't install any ROMs, can't get back to stock, stuck in TWRP

well, last night i was at this for 12 hours. lol. i did need to download an updated version of twrp recovery. i had mistakenly used V2.2.1.1... the oldest version i could possibly gotten, haha. and seeing as how i deleted the old OS, my only course of action was to try and find a version of CM that would work with twrp V2.2.1.1. . this was successful, i used CM10.0, but i needed Gapps also to re-download Recovery tools, so i could flash the newest version of twrp recovery. this became a problem when the compatible versions of gapps and CM that i had found, wouldnt play well together, and i was unable to use the android keyboard. needless to say, i had to get creative. lol. SOOOOOOOOO glad i didnt brick my phone. I am now running CM11 with the most recent Gapps, Android 4.4.4.

Thank you for your Reply!

Sounds great! I love the determination you showed to work thru it and get it going again

Have fun.