Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 unusual problem - Screen inconsistently blacking out and coming back

Hello,

I am having a strange problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. It started with colors on screen becoming brighter and brigter and this lasted for 2 days. I restarted my phone few times after everything was OK and after a while the colors started going brigher again until at one point screen became black totaly. Now, when I lock/unlock the phone, screen start of as completely black and slowly the screen comes back to life from top to down, but not fully, maybe to 75% from top and the colors are strange (like 256 color scheme o windows 98). But when I enter the camera app the screen is showing the image on 100% of area of screen, but the colors are still strange.
    This incosistency is giving me the problems. I am not sure if the screen is dead and I if I have to replace it. I have not droped my phone nor it was cracked in any other way. I went to mobile shop where I bought it and they say that even though they can not find any damage to the screen it must be broken because "it's not working properly".
    I have not found any thread with the same problem, so if some can help me it would be good.

It does sound like impending screen failure.
    If you can enter Recovery Mode, you could try performing a Cache Partition wipe, but that won't do any good if it is screen failure, and I'm afraid it does seem likely. Here's how to wipe:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6205

The same goes for a Factory or Master Reset (also described in the linked guide) which of course would wipe the phone. I doubt it would do any good for the screen problem, but you may care to try if your personal data is backed up.

Posted via Android Central App