Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Google Play Music Questions

    Hello

    I've got 2 questions regarding Google Play Music:

    1. In the webpage version (on my pc) I'm missing a lot of art despite the covers being embedded in the music files using Mp3tag. Is there any way to manually add artwork or make it so Google Play Music correctly finds it.

    Example:
    Google Play Music Questions-e99b7r.jpg

    2. In the app version (on my smarthphone) Google Play Music seems to add an artist picture with the album art being blurred out in the background. However many of these artist pictures show the wrong artist. Is there any way to correct this?

    For example an ugly person with a pink shirt instead of Henry:
    Google Play Music Questions-2yzlzli.jpg

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    cpaight's Avatar

    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    405 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Play Music Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    Is there any way to manually add artwork or make it so Google Play Music correctly finds it.
    You can choose to edit album info, then manually choose the art you want to use.

    Google Play Music Questions-untitled.png

    It's a pain if you have many songs to change, but it's possible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Google Play Music Questions

    Thanks, but it's not entirely what I mean.

    You see the album art is there it's just that artist picture is often wrong or not there:
    Google Play Music Questions-29m0s94.jpg
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google Play Music Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    Thanks, but it's not entirely what I mean.

    You see the album art is there it's just that artist picture is often wrong or not there:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29m0s94.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	135657
    I had that problem in Poweramp. What I did was just to clear the cache and immediately the right album art downloaded.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Google Play Music Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I had that problem in Poweramp. What I did was just to clear the cache and immediately the right album art downloaded.
    Do you know how to clear the cache in google play music? Clearing browser cache doesn't help.

    It only seems to ocur on artists that don't have any music on google play themselfs (uploaded from my pc only). However some others that aren't on google play just take album art as the artist picture while some don't .
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Google Play Music Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    Do you know how to clear the cache in google play music? Clearing browser cache doesn't help.

    It only seems to ocur on artists that don't have any music on google play themselfs (uploaded from my pc only). However some others that aren't on google play just take album art as the artist picture while some don't .
    Sorry, I see no way to do that in Google Play Music. Clearing the cache would clear your music, not the cover art. Hm. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Sorry again. :/

    From my OnePlus One...

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint G3 Network Mode Question
    By HULKchampion in forum LG G3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2014, 05:20 PM
  2. Google Maps issues and questions
    By blackdogAC in forum LG G3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 09:03 PM
  3. galaxy s5 got until rooted and no google!!!!!????????
    By David0798 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 04:44 PM
  4. K9 email..couple of new user questions
    By Dougmain in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 03:10 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions