Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Help needed with new HTC One M8

I just come from using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and now have a HTC One M8 but there seems to be a few things that I have always had on a smartphone that I can't seem to find and was hoping for a HTC expert to help me.

1) When plugged in and on silent and a call or text comes in:
    Samsung: The screen illuminates.
    HTC: Does nothing.
    Problem: If I have it on my desk I cannot see if any notifications come through or any calls.

2) When I copy a number from a webpage:
    Samsung: If I go to the dialer and hold down my thumb it gives me the option to paste.
    HTC: If I go to the dialer and hold down my thumb there is no option for paste.
    Problem: I have to write down the number every time before I manually write it into the dialer.

3) when plugged in and on silent and a notification comes through:
    Samsung: The notification light starts to blink to show an alert is waiting.
    HTC: Does nothing (unless it is unplugged then the LED works for some things).

I hope someone can help, if a workaround or an app to configure this stuff is available then please let me know.

Someone may very well be able to help you in this forum, but you would be more likely to get a helpful response by posting in the HTC One M8 forum. You would have to join Android Central as a member to do that, but would be very welcome to do so.☺

Posted via Android Central App