HELP! Android Smartphone 'Phantom Touch' Problems

A

AC Question

I'm not that good at explaining things, but I'll try my best.

So, I bought an Alcatel Onetouch Pop C7 and it is my very first smartphone. I have had it for almost 2 months now, however I have been experiencing the 'Phantom Touch' problems. At first, all I had to do to resolve the problem was clean my screen with a handkerchief damped with rubbing alcohol and then clean the screen. It was working fine by then. About 2 - 3 days or more as far as I can remember. After those days, it began to go haywire once again. I could barely use it. I tried cleaning the screen again and took off the screen protector, it still didn't do the trick. This happened after I was texting and sending text messages too fast on Viber.

Now, when we were on a college field trip to a local radio station, the whole place was really cold due to the indoor air conditioning and it started to work just fine. Until I came home once again. After about 30 minutes, the phantom touches were at it again, but it was not that erratic as of before. Up until now, the phantom touches aren't that bad. It usually goes out of hand when my phone heats up and when my wifi connection is turned on and begin to use my apps. I was planning on using its 1 year warranty, but I can't actually visit the store where I bought this due to the fact that I'm low on cash at the moment and my mom would freak out if she were to know / find out that there are problems going on with my phone. I haven't told her yet. So, I was wondering if there was any way to fix this by myself without using the warranty and such.

Other information:
- I have also noticed that there is moisture present under the screen of my smartphone. I tried the rice technique after I placed it (my smartphone) out in the sun for almost 5 - 15 minutes. The screen facing upwards. Most of the moisture has already dried up but there is still a bit of moisture present inside. Could this also be the cause of the Phantom touches?

-The phantom touches rarely occur, especially when I am not using my smartphone. However, it would start acting up during random moments.

Is there any way to fix this? If so, please reply. Thanks so much in advance! This is my first time asking questions in a forum, so I don't know how things kind of work around around here. :) Please bear with me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
First, I believe it's not a good idea to clean the glass screen of the phone with alcohol, which can remove the oleophobic coating if there is one. Doing it to your screen protector is probably okay unless it too has such a coating.

Second, the water present under the screen is worrying. That definitely ought not to be there. Can you think how it may have got there? That may well be causing the problems you describe. I believe that the sooner it's removed, money shortage or no money shortage, the better.

Read what one of our members has to say about water and phones:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124-so-you-got-your-phone-wet-what-can-you-do-try-save.html

Posted via Android Central App

SatoruYuki

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't clean the screen itself directly with alcohol actually. (So sorry for that) It's the screen protector and I don't think it has such a coating to it.

Well, I take good care of my phone and have never spilled any thing on it that could have caused the moisture inside of the phone. So, I think it's because of the heat in my pockets? I usually keep them in there for the whole day when I am at school and such. The screen is usually facing my body so I guess that could be the case.

And thanks so much for the link. I will be sure to read it at once. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary