Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered
    Unregistered's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    So I see activity for logins I know I am creating. However, there are some im not sure where they originate from. My pc uses chrome 37.0, and my android device uses 36.0. Signing into the actual chrome android client will display a log in from 36.0 from the device.


    Now, ive noticed in the sign in history, past 15 days, every day or couple days, there is a log in from the android device from the right ip address (mine), but as chrome 30.0. I cant seem to recreate the log in by removing the account from the device and logging in again to apps e.g google + or youtube.


    I cant reproduce this so im wondering what are the origins of these log ins? Im sure i read somewhere that android 4.4.2 is misinterpreted as chrome 30.0 (I think github) so maybe its just a general login from booting the device every now and again? Im worried something maybe malicious is going on, but maybe someone can explain this? E.g why the log appears periodically from my ip (and from times which appear to be around when I use the tablet) and why it says they come from chrome 30.0, when infact I never use chrome with my google account on android.
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Welcome to AC
    Is there anyone else at home that is using an older device of yours? Or is that the only device with your account on it?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to AC
    Is there anyone else at home that is using an older device of yours? Or is that the only device with your account on it?
    Hi, it is the only device using it. I asked another person running Android L, and google shows log ins coming from it as chrome aswell.
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by keyes528 View Post
    Hi, it is the only device using it. I asked another person running Android L, and google shows log ins coming from it as chrome aswell.
    Where are you checking for log ins? Maybe I can see if it's showing a certain way for me as well.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Where are you checking for log ins? Maybe I can see if it's showing a certain way for me as well.
    Log into google accounts, and go to the settings page. Click security, then recent events. It shows log ins, the device, browser/system and ip. This is happening on 4.4.2, and I believe on android L aswell.
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by keyes528 View Post
    Log into google accounts, and go to the settings page. Click security, then recent events. It shows log ins, the device, browser/system and ip. This is happening on 4.4.2, and I believe on android L aswell.
    Alright, just checked my history and all but one shows as Version 33.0, which also happens to be the most recent one. Are yours in any particular order?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Alright, just checked my history and all but one shows as Version 33.0, which also happens to be the most recent one. Are yours in any particular order?
    Well its every day or so if my tablet has been on it would show a log in for 30.0. What version of android are you running?

    Are you saying that you have android log ins from your device as chrome 33.0?
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Explanation for Google Account Log Ins? android 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by keyes528 View Post
    Well its every day or so if my tablet has been on it would show a log in for 30.0. What version of android are you running?

    Are you saying that you have android log ins from your device as chrome 33.0?
    I'm on 4.4.4
    In my history it goes as far back as 6 log ins from my phone. The first 5 were 33.0 and the most recent one was 36.0
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Similar Threads

  1. what phone should i get for verizon
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Google Photos app auto dimming
    By SFG14 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 02:38 PM
  3. Voice Control for Video Recording
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions