- 29 Posts
Is Google Hangouts a viable alternative to iMessage if I switch to a Galaxy S5?
Hey guys I'm thinking of switching from the iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S5. I really really really like the Galaxy but one thing is really troubling me -- iMessages. I have gotten to the point where I would say that iMessaging is almost necessary for me. I do not get reception well where I work at and at school the lower levels of most buildings do not have good reception either, however most places that I go have wi-fi. I HAVE done some research on Google Hangouts, but honestly I'm a bit confused on how it works. Say that I try to send an MMS to someone but I lost connection before it sent, could it then send as an SMS. Also, I heard that I can pay $20 to use my current mobile number to send MMS messages. Is that true? I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what my options are here. Thanks!
- 09-04-2014, 02:17 PM #2
Re: Is Google Hangouts a viable alternative to iMessage if I switch to a Galaxy S5?
- By randun in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 10-05-2014, 01:45 PM
- By passion4tech in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 30Last Post: 09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
- By convert in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 09-07-2014, 09:45 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 09-05-2014, 03:09 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2014, 02:22 PM