Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Inline Images Not Displaying In Gmail on Android

I have an LG G3 phone with two Gmail accounts on it. On one of the accounts, any email I receive with an inline (embedded) image ...such as a picture, etc....does not display in the email, just a placeholder box with a little dot in the middle.

On other other account (also on the same phone), the email and it's embedded images display correctly. I've tried every setting and adjustment and can't figure it out. Since one of the gmail accounts works on my phone (in terms of correctly displaying embedded images in email) I would think the other email account should also work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Default Re: Inline Images Not Displaying In Gmail on Android

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the actual Gmail app, or the stock Email app?

If you're using the Gmail app, swipe in from the left, scroll down, and tap Settings, then tap the Gmail account that isn't working right. Scroll down and tap Images, then select "Always Show."

Thank you. Tried that. Still get the same problem

You could try going to Settings>Accounts-Google​, selecting that Gmail account, and removing it. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.

Thanks "B." Yep, tried that once....didn't work...lol. I will try again.....but, this is a really perplexing problem. I would understand if both email accounts did this on my phone....but when one does and the other doesnt....then my investigative powers come into play.

I know others have had this problem....so, lets summon the collective brain power of this group to solve this.

Thanks,

I am also having this exact same problem. HTC One. Android 4.4.3, Gmail app 4.9.

My account used to show inline pictures then stopped. Some contacts on the account still show inline pictures while others do not. My other account is still showing inline pictures like normal. I can click and hold on the broken image icon and select view image, but the icon is super tiny and stays the same small size even when zooming in.

Very frustrating that it is not consistent and used to work fine. The main contact that no longer allows inline pictures is a very frequent contact with many more images than others.

Any help would be appreciated.

-jimccar

Yep...same exact problem. I'm guessing it is a Google issue because everything else has remained constant.

So, somebody, help....lol!

Samsung TabPro w/ GMail 4.9 App. Same problem with App. From Chrome, went to GMail.com and images were OK.
    Obviously App issue.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II and am having the exact issue with inline images with gmail's latest (4.9) update. I can use the app manager to uninstall updates and put gmail back to the "factory" version, and the images appear with no settings changes. That proves it is the 4.9 update. I would leave it as the factory version, but gmail automatically updates and there is no option to prevent automatic updates.
    Last edited by David Hite; 10-14-2014 at 02:25 PM.