Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default samsung galaxy gt-s5750e

Hi,

Can't find 'unknown sources' in settings > applications or in settings > security. Is it somewhere else? thanks

Default Re: samsung galaxy gt-s5750e

Welcome to Android Central! Strange, it should be there. Are you rooted and running a custom ROM?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Hi,

I'm not sure. I'm new at this, so if it's something that would have had to have been installed manually, then my answer would be no. But if it came with the phone, then possibly.

I want to download apps (I asked earlier, but didn't realize I had to sign in to reply to messages) and I can't find a way to do this on this phone.

Did you buy it brand new from a reputable store, or was it used?

Go to Settings>About Device, and tell us what Build Number is listed.

Is Google Play Store not available to you? What region of the world are you in?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

I bought it new from a big box store in France, where I live. I don't have Google Store and the more I read, I think my phone is blocked from downloading apps outside of the pre-installed Samsung apps. There's no Build info anywhere on the phone; there just isn't a lot of info available.

I think I'll have to let this go since it looks like the service provider made it basically impossible to bypass their setup.

Thank you for your help though.

Interesting--I hadn't yet encountered phones being locked down so tightly in areas where Google Play Store should be available. I hope you can find the apps you're looking for from the sources that are available to you!