I saw several notes where people complained about this, but saw no fixes for this issue. . .

I recently bought a Kenwood stereo for my car. As other people had posted, we can connect my wife's iPhone to the Kenwood via the USB connection with no problem: plays music (clearly, no static), recharges the phone, and we don't need to turn the volume up to 300. Not so with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. When I connect my phone via USB, the Kenwood displays an error message: NA device. I have tried using an adapter to take my 5 pin USB up to 11 pin. It doesn't work either (error message: No device). I can connect my phone via an AUX cable, but it gets static, doesn't recharge the phone, and I have to turn the volume way up to hear music.

Is there anyway to connect the S4 via USB to the Kenwood car stereo or I am stuck using the AUX cable?
    09-04-2014 05:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Car audio systems have historically been more compatible with iOS devices as well as USB flash drives, but not always Android. That's been changing recently, but it can still be hard to find a system that integrates well with Android. If that Kenwood system is designed to integrate only with iOS devices, then I don't think you'll be able to force it to work with the S4 via USB.
    09-04-2014 08:27 PM