Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Google Play won't show apps/error S-7:AEC-0/No solution so far

I started getting the error RPC:S-7:AEC-0 a few days ago when trying to download anything from the Play Store. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to follow all the normal suggestions from this forum and others including:

1. force stopping download manager, play services, framework and deleting data/wiping caches.
    2. Checking and resetting the date
    3. Removing google accounts, rebooting, adding them back
    4. Factory reset

In all cases, when I sign back into my google account, I get the same error. Here is the strange part - when I log in either on my phone or on a computer through a browser and navigate to My Apps in the play store - nothing shows up. But if I log into my google account and go to the dashboard, it shows 948 apps. Click on the "show my apps" - nothing shows up.

I chatted with Google - no help there . They are going to email me back. I have a second gmail account and using that account everything works fine. Of course, I cannot access any paid apps from the old account. They will not load - even if I try to push them from a web browser on my PC.

The only "weird" thing of late is that the main card in my Google Wallet was replaced with a newer card. The old card didn't expire and was used as recently as August 26 for an in app purchase. Amex just sent me an updated card (same number) with a newer expiration date and new CVV number. I updated that, then deleted it, then put it back with no success. I had read someone else complaining it was a Google Wallet issue.

I am on a Nexus 5 with 4.4.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

11,922 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,926 Global Posts
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Google Play won't show apps/error S-7:AEC-0/No solution so far

Here is a thread discussing the same error: Error Message [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]

Some have suggested that you add then remove the account, reboot then log back in to get it cleared. It's not really clear what this issue is and why it's caused. Take a look at the thread and let us know if any of the suggestions help.

Good luck!

Default Re: Google Play won't show apps/error S-7:AEC-0/No solution so far