Google Play won't show apps/error S-7:AEC-0/No solution so far

A

AC Question

I started getting the error RPC:S-7:AEC-0 a few days ago when trying to download anything from the Play Store. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to follow all the normal suggestions from this forum and others including:

1. force stopping download manager, play services, framework and deleting data/wiping caches.
2. Checking and resetting the date
3. Removing google accounts, rebooting, adding them back
4. Factory reset

In all cases, when I sign back into my google account, I get the same error. Here is the strange part - when I log in either on my phone or on a computer through a browser and navigate to My Apps in the play store - nothing shows up. But if I log into my google account and go to the dashboard, it shows 948 apps. Click on the "show my apps" - nothing shows up.

I chatted with Google - no help there . They are going to email me back. I have a second gmail account and using that account everything works fine. Of course, I cannot access any paid apps from the old account. They will not load - even if I try to push them from a web browser on my PC.

The only "weird" thing of late is that the main card in my Google Wallet was replaced with a newer card. The old card didn't expire and was used as recently as August 26 for an in app purchase. Amex just sent me an updated card (same number) with a newer expiration date and new CVV number. I updated that, then deleted it, then put it back with no success. I had read someone else complaining it was a Google Wallet issue.

I am on a Nexus 5 with 4.4.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC