Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shooter1951
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Tab 2 10.1 HELP

A couple years ago we bought Samsung S4 phones from our local AT&T store. At the time there was a special where you could receive a tablet for $200 when you bought a S4 phone. I picked out a 10 inch Tab 2 and my wife got the Note 8.0. About a month after we had them we started having problems with AT&T reception where we live. They apparently did some work on the tower and we would lose calls. After several calls and attempts by customer service AT&T agreed to let us out of our contract without penalties. We switched to Verizon and got new S4 phones however since we mainly used our tablets at home using our DSL service we kept the tablets. I am now having issues with my Tab 2. The main problem I am having is running slow. I still have several AT&T apps on the tablet This is my first tablet ever so I am not totally familiar with how it works. I mainly just use the tablet for searching. No games, no music, etc. Any suggestions on getting it to run faster is appreciated. I have also used it when we go anyplace where they have WiFi like Panara, Starbucks, etc. As a side note I still have the AT&T SIM card in the Tab 2 and my wife's Note 8.0. Should I get a Verizon SIM card for both and is there a way to switch completely over to Verizon with these tablets. thanks for any help. Shooter1951

Default Re: Samsung Tab 2 10.1 HELP

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting the tablet into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data, and can often help with general performance issues. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2..

Since you no longer need the AT&T apps, you could also try uninstalling or disabling them. Since they came preinstalled, chances are you can't completely uninstall them. But you can disable them (i.e., prevent them from running) by going to the App Manager, selecting the app, and tapping Disable or Turn Off.

I don't believe you can insert a Verizon SIM into the tablet to make it work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

B. Diddy thank you. I just wiped the cache and checking on disabling or uninstalling the AT&T apps. It doesn't look like there is a way to uninstall. The only option available is to "stop" them. Not sure if they will start back up if I have to reboot. Navigating around it does seem to be running faster after clearing it out. Thanks again!!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, there are bloatware apps that can't be disabled, so it sounds like those AT&T apps fall in that category. You'd have to root the device to get rid of them, but I'd be cautious with that, since it's easy to delete something important if you're not entirely familiar with the process.