Hello,

Just bought the Ampe A62. Nice little mini tablet/phone for the cost.

It's got tons of Chinese only apps on it. Of course I can't read Chinese, and Lookout says it's malicious but can't remove it because they are system items. The Chinese apps also send notifications to me all the time... in Chinese. I assume they are advertisements of some kind. It's also got a lot of Baidu stuff on it that I'd like to dump. I've soon discovered that to get rid of them, I need to root my Android phone.

I've scoured the net, I can't find a single relevant thing about it pertaining to this exact model.

And seeing that I'm new to all of this, when I can't find an answer after a dozen Google searches, I now could really use some help from someone who 'knows the way' from here.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    09-04-2014 10:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try disabling the apps in ​Settings>Apps>All.
    09-04-2014 11:22 PM
    did u removed the chinese app pls I have same problems and I cant remove I :-(
    11-18-2014 05:10 PM
    "You could try disabling the apps in ​Settings>Apps>All."
    Settings>More>Apps>All (tab)
    Select unwanted App, example Baidu, and click top right button Disable.
    The button changes to Enable and the App is relegated to the bottom part of the 'All' listing.
    There is one app with a 4 character chinese name (60KB blue face in round white icon) that has a greyed out Disable button though but all the others can be disabled.
    The Android build Settings>More>About Tablet>Android version 4.2.2 on our model is odd. Settings>Accounts allows 'Add account' eg a google account. However this does not show up (eg in a list) unlike other Androids. If one attempts to Add the same account again it will put up a warning that the account exists though.
    06-14-2015 02:48 AM
    I would like to update my ampe a62 to kitkat plz help me...
    07-15-2015 03:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could try disabling the apps in ​Settings>Apps>All.
    Plz give me solution ampe a62 wants to update in kitkat...
    07-15-2015 03:58 AM