Weather Widget Won't Work

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Verizon
Somehow (yes I know I did it) the weather widget on my home page, not my lock screen, disappeared. In trying to put the widget back, it all goes well until I select my location and hit done on the upper right hand corner (a check mark and the word done), it takes me to my home page and there is no widget. I've reset all of the defaults but nothing. What magic button did I hit to make the widget disappear, & how do I get it back? BTW, the other widgets seem to work, just not the weather.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The widget may have attached itself to another home screen. If so, long-press and manouevre to the left to get it to take up position on your main home screen. If nowhere to be found, long-press an empty area of the home screen to open your widget locker....or however that would be done on a Sammy.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice title.
I have often wondered whether weather widgets won't work and which weather I wonder will work and whether the weather wants a widget whether the weather wants to work, or won't.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, weird.;)

One option would be to go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home, and Clear Data. This will reset your homescreens, meaning you'll have to set them all up again. But it might clear out any glitch with the widget display.