I have spent hours reading about why many Samsung phones have battery draining problems. I finally bought an external battery charger so I don't need to use the port. I had two brand new Samsung batteries and my original. When I put them in the charger all three were fully charged but showing 0% on the phone. When I put them in the phone they show very little charging capacity. I was so happy when after 8 hours of charging I see charged to 100%. That lasted a couple of hours as long as I didn't do anything but text twice. It went dead within 3 hours. Normally if it charges at all it drains within a few minutes. So it's not the port and it's not the batteries. I haven't changed anything with applications and nothing is showing up as a drain on the battery. I see a lot of posts that are tech speak. I wish someone would explain in layman terms what they mean. Like adding ROM to my phone? I don't know what gingerbread etc. is. I feel stupid. I just got out of the hospital and it was bad. I'm trying to recover and all I'm doing is spending every waking moment trying to fix this phone! Anyone can help I will so appreciate it.
    09-06-2014 07:00 PM
    I have spent hours reading about why many Samsung phones have battery draining problems. I finally bought an external battery charger so I don't need to use the port. I had two brand new Samsung batteries and my original. When I put them in the charger all three were fully charged but showing 0% on the phone. When I put them in the phone they show very little charging capacity. I was so happy when after 8 hours of charging I see charged to 100%. That lasted a couple of hours as long as I didn't do anything but text twice. It went dead within 3 hours. Normally if it charges at all it drains within a few minutes. So it's not the port and it's not the batteries. I haven't changed anything with applications and nothing is showing up as a drain on the battery. I see a lot of posts that are tech speak. I wish someone would explain in layman terms what they mean. Like adding ROM to my phone? I don't know what gingerbread etc. is. I feel stupid. I just got out of the hospital and it was bad. I'm trying to recover and all I'm doing is spending every waking moment trying to fix this phone! Anyone can help I will so appreciate it.
    Welcome to AC
    Sorry you're having issues with your device. Hopefully we can see if there's a fix for that.
    When you say that there is nothing showing as a drain in the battery, do you mean that your battery stats page is empty? Do you mind including some screenshots of that? Seeing the processes and things like awake time or signal strength can tell us if there's anything obvious causing the excessive drain.
    09-06-2014 08:27 PM
    If it's really bad and it sounds like it's kinda old, it might be time for a new phone

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    09-06-2014 09:34 PM