Hello, so I recently found out how important it is to have a cloud back up thing. My husband decided to take me to verizon to get the phone I was in love with (galaxy s5) when we got to the store I asked the technician a couple of times if everything would transfer, to the new phone or did we need to go home and download everything into my laptop. He assured me everything, every picture up to that morning would be there. when he finished doing whatever he does, I looked at my phone and saw not all my pictures were there, so I asked him about it, he then assured me the pictures were slowly downloading because I just had too many. I trusted him because after all, he does this every day. I left and once I got home the same pictures were still there... no new ones downloaded, I recently had a baby so the first two months of her life were on those pictures along with pregnancy pictures and my son's graduation from pre-k and first soccer games.. EVERYTHING was gone and when I returned to the store, all I was told was that the phone I turned in had already been reset.. and was pretty much felt like it was my fault for not backing up my phone, which I assumed google did because I change phones often and Ive never had issues, they just said sorry and sent me on my way... I have tried to get into the mypix account to retrieve pictures that were sent to others and those are gone as well... checked google plus and only old pictures are there, does anyone have any other ideas?
    09-06-2014 08:50 PM
    Hello, so I recently found out how important it is to have a cloud back up thing. My husband decided to take me to verizon to get the phone I was in love with (galaxy s5) when we got to the store I asked the technician a couple of times if everything would transfer, to the new phone or did we need to go home and download everything into my laptop. He assured me everything, every picture up to that morning would be there. when he finished doing whatever he does, I looked at my phone and saw not all my pictures were there, so I asked him about it, he then assured me the pictures were slowly downloading because I just had too many. I trusted him because after all, he does this every day. I left and once I got home the same pictures were still there... no new ones downloaded, I recently had a baby so the first two months of her life were on those pictures along with pregnancy pictures and my son's graduation from pre-k and first soccer games.. EVERYTHING was gone and when I returned to the store, all I was told was that the phone I turned in had already been reset.. and was pretty much felt like it was my fault for not backing up my phone, which I assumed google did because I change phones often and Ive never had issues, they just said sorry and sent me on my way... I have tried to get into the mypix account to retrieve pictures that were sent to others and those are gone as well... checked google plus and only old pictures are there, does anyone have any other ideas?
    Welcome to AC
    Do you know what method he used for the transfer? Did only random pics transfer or is it specific albums, folders, etc?
    09-06-2014 08:57 PM
    no idea, I soo wish I wouldve paid attention.. but yes it was 95 random pictures, that he said came from google plus.
    09-06-2014 09:03 PM
    I don't know of a way to bring back what has been lost, but I can suggest this: yes, set up some kind of auto back up to a cloud service. Also, have a weekly calendar event to tell you to pull all your photos from your phone to your PC. This way you have 2 backups. And the reason for once a week is if for whatever reason, at worst, you are only missing 6 days of pictures on your PC.
    UJ95x likes this.
    09-06-2014 09:05 PM
    no idea, I soo wish I wouldve paid attention.. but yes it was 95 random pictures, that he said came from google plus.
    If they were backed up to Google Plus they would show up there. Like Golfdriver said above, they are most likely lost. Even if you had access to the old device you'd need software and hardware often only available to OEMs to retrieve the data
    09-06-2014 09:55 PM
    What phone were u using before bcus if u hv the same memory card & that's where u saved the pix then they r still there. With the new Android software, they changed what apos can access your card. This happened to my friend & she had 2 hook the phone up to the PC to get to the folders. Your stock folder explorer app won't be able to see those folders.
    09-07-2014 09:27 AM
    If you had an sd card in the phone then you can run easeus sd card recovery, it's free.
    09-07-2014 03:11 PM