all my bookmarks deleted??

U

Unregistered

Ok, so I have a Samsung galaxy ace 3, and a few days ago, I noticed all my bookmarks on the browser were gone- every single one of them. I CANT FIND THEM ANYWHERE- AND THEY ARE SUPER IMPORTANT TO ME. I have very important research references on there... i know I should've saved the links to my dropbox as a backup if it was that important, but obviously, I was stupid. I searched ALL THRU my phone, but there's no trace of them I thought maybe I had my browser data cleared, but when I went and searched for something that I had in my bookmarks before, to "rebook" it, I found it as one of the results, but the result was marked as a page I already viewed- and I know I hadn't viewed that page in months. So I'm pretty sure this means I didnt clear all my internet data... so where did my bookmarks go?????? And please let me know how I can recover them- please please please???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're using the stock Browser. On some phones, the stock Browser syncs with your Chrome bookmarks--do you know if your bookmarks are available in your Chrome browser (either on the web or on your phone)?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and see if there is a listing for "Browser" or "Internet." If so, make sure the checkbox is checked on.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any answer to what is wrong on the phone web browser, but two days ago I lost my theme and my frequent screen page on the desktop chrome browser. The theme is no longer available so I picked another, but the frequent pages don't appear. The home screen that would appear with thumbnail pics of your frequent sites when you start Chrome that would display thumbnails of your frequent screen is there with a big Google search bar but these site thumbnails just disappeared and have not returned.

These still don't show after two days so I am at a lost to know what happened. Kind of pain since I used this home screen to go directly to those web sites, now I have to go to other bookmarks and search from a list.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So I just logged on to the browser tonight and the thumbnails are now showing. So what happened? I don't know. Nothing I did, I know that.

WRONG. I just left this page and clicked the new tab page and nothing is there.

timturnwhipcream

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, it's me, the one that posted the question. B. Diddy, I just checked, and no, there isn't any listing for Internet or Browser under my Google account in settings. I checked my mobile Chrome just in case the bookmarks were there, but they aren't. So no luck :(

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Well its not totally resolved. Thing is that I have to load the main screen and then refresh(resend from Google) it to get the thumbnails to display. Does anyone know when the last PC Chrome browser update was? I think it has broken something - at least on Windows 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21