My S4 is rooted, using a custom ROM, have spare batteries which I replace on a regular basis (1-2 times/day) and running on KitKat 4.4

There are multiple reoccurring problems which are beginning to test my patience;

- The screen would spontaneously turn black. You can't turn it on again, you must pull the battery out and switch with another or else the same problem would occur.

- Everytime my phone "black screens", my saved wifi passwords are gone as if I've never connected to a network before.

- When I power my S4 off, as soon a I plug and turn the USB charger on, the phone would reboot. No matter what I do, I won't power off while charging.

- I can't set a screen lock. They are all grey-ed out and say, at the bottom; "Disabled by administrator, encryption polict, or credential storage", all of them are grey-ed out except for Pin and Password but they can't be applied anyway. Note; I have tried most methods to remove this "policy" such as; "Remove Credentials" or "Disable all device administrators".

These issues (beside the screen lock) all happened before on my old phone (S2) and the only feasibility I can see is the battery and the power plugs that connect the battery to the device. If that isn't the issue than I've heard that a hardware reset might fix some of these issues.

Please help,
    Dayz
    09-06-2014 09:48 PM
    My S4 is rooted, using a custom ROM, have spare batteries which I replace on a regular basis (1-2 times/day) and running on KitKat 4.4

There are multiple reoccurring problems which are beginning to test my patience;

- The screen would spontaneously turn black. You can't turn it on again, you must pull the battery out and switch with another or else the same problem would occur.

- Everytime my phone "black screens", my saved wifi passwords are gone as if I've never connected to a network before.

- When I power my S4 off, as soon a I plug and turn the USB charger on, the phone would reboot. No matter what I do, I won't power off while charging.

- I can't set a screen lock. They are all grey-ed out and say, at the bottom; "Disabled by administrator, encryption polict, or credential storage", all of them are grey-ed out except for Pin and Password but they can't be applied anyway. Note; I have tried most methods to remove this "policy" such as; "Remove Credentials" or "Disable all device administrators".

These issues (beside the screen lock) all happened before on my old phone (S2) and the only feasibility I can see is the battery and the power plugs that connect the battery to the device. If that isn't the issue than I've heard that a hardware reset might fix some of these issues.

Please help,
    Dayz
    Welcome to AC
    What ROM are you using? I'd recommend another one tbh. Was it an issue on the stock or previous ROMs?
    09-06-2014 10:16 PM
    I'm using the FoxHound 4.7 Ground Zeroes ROM

These issues persisted with a few other ROMs but I'm not sure about the stock ROM. Any suggestions for ROMs are greatly appreciated.
    09-06-2014 10:38 PM
    I'm using the FoxHound 4.7 Ground Zeroes ROM

These issues persisted with a few other ROMs but I'm not sure about the stock ROM. Any suggestions for ROMs are greatly appreciated.
    SOKP, SlimKat, and LiquidSmooth have been solid from my experience. I have been on Slim for a couple of months now.
    09-06-2014 10:39 PM
    Try ShoStock if you haven't already.
    09-07-2014 12:34 PM