How do I get access to my account on the OnePlus One Forums again?

A

AC Question

I was so desperate to get an OnePlus One that I broke one of my cardinal rules, and went on eBay to purchase an invite :) The dude who sold me the invite was in Russia, which gave me a bit of pause since I had horror stories of east European hacker rings running through my head, but I didn't note his location until after I'd won the auction.

He was great, gave me the email address and password he used for the OnePlus One account within an hour of my payment (via PayPal). I made my order and got the phone within 48 hours, which is crazy-super-fast.

The last time I told him I wanted to update my account and therefore wanted to change the email to mine, he told me that I didn't need to do it. Now this is about a week after and I wanted to update my account on the OnePlus One Forums and the login info he gave me no longer works. I'm starting to get a bit worried that those horror stories might come true after all!

Other than reaching out to him again via eBay, what can I do to get access to my account on the OnePlus One Forums again?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was so desperate to get an OnePlus One that I broke one of my cardinal rules, and went on eBay to purchase an invite :) The dude who sold me the invite was in Russia, which gave me a bit of pause since I had horror stories of east European hacker rings running through my head, but I didn't note his location until after I'd won the auction.

He was great, gave me the email address and password he used for the OnePlus One account within an hour of my payment (via PayPal). I made my order and got the phone within 48 hours, which is crazy-super-fast.

The last time I told him I wanted to update my account and therefore wanted to change the email to mine, he told me that I didn't need to do it. Now this is about a week after and I wanted to update my account on the OnePlus One Forums and the login info he gave me no longer works. I'm starting to get a bit worried that those horror stories might come true after all!

Other than reaching out to him again via eBay, what can I do to get access to my account on the OnePlus One Forums again?

Thanks.
If you haven't already done so, contact Ebay and OnePlus One directly. They will be the two entities that can help you out; I'd also suggest contacting Paypal (if that's who you used for payment) to keep them apprised since this may turn into a fraud case. Hopefully not, but it's better to be safe than sorry, and be prepared to handle the situation as effectively as possible.