I have a Moto G with t-mobile and decided to root my phone(I'm 17 and don't know what the hell I'm doing so please bare with me)

I started out by rooting my phone using adb, fastboot and TWRP recovery. I followed all of the steps and got my smartphone rooted, but this was not enough; for I wanted to install a custom kernel. So I went ahead and got the first kernel for the Moto G xda page and installed the zip file using the TWRP recovery. Once I booted the phone regularly it was stuck on the warning screen(which is the first image in the boot animation). So eventually I got impatient and went to the TWRP recovery and figured that deleting random things using the "Wipe" tab would solve all of my problems. I accidentally deleted the rom, or the os or however you want to call it. So essentially the phone was useless, but luckily the recovery menu and bootloader was still functional.

So eventually I installed the 4.2.2(I believe) stock firmware for Moto G. After doing this the phone booted up perfectly, so I re installed the TWRP recovery in order to root it, and that worked fine; I once again rooted it. After that I installed the most recent update, and a text box popped up opun boot titled "Info" saying "An error has occurred please try again later."The phone works fine, connects to wifi etc; aside from the most important baseline function. The phone has no bars, I cant call or text and one I try to call it says I need to switch it off of airplane mode; which it clearly is, I've tried calling both with and without airplane mode on. When I click on mobile plan in wireless and networks it says "Uknown SIM operator." Not only is this an OUTAGEOUS typo but I guess it should be indicative of why my phone is not getting service.

In summary my phone does not have service after I wiped it then put default firmware on it. Please help
    09-07-2014 05:13 PM
    That happened once to me, I was using a uk English rom (I did put it on purpose), but my phone behaved exactly like yours, I solved it by putting a regionally correct rom. Btw how do you update when you are on a rooted moto g?
    09-13-2014 12:47 AM