S5, Sound turned on and turned up, but no sound

A

AC Question

This morning my alarm lit up the screen but made no sound at all. I looked at the sound settings, everything is on and turned up, but no sound. I had a friend call my phone to test the ring, the screen lit up for the incoming call, but no sound. I checked the settings, everything still on properly. I turned on Pandora, no sound there either. This has not happened before today. I purchased the phone about 6 weeks ago :( Any one experience something like this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This morning my alarm lit up the screen but made no sound at all. I looked at the sound settings, everything is on and turned up, but no sound. I had a friend call my phone to test the ring, the screen lit up for the incoming call, but no sound. I checked the settings, everything still on properly. I turned on Pandora, no sound there either. This has not happened before today. I purchased the phone about 6 weeks ago :( Any one experience something like this?
Do you have quiet time set? This would disable alerts from the periods listed. Also, check that all volumes are set high by going into system settings > sounds > volume.