There is a pop-up on my tablet that appears all the time on the desktop, even when booted in safe mode, even when factory defaults are restored. The pop-up interrupts my son's game play and unfortunately tempts to download every app presented. Any thoughts on how I can disable this annoying pop-up? I contacted Google Play for tech support, but they said it is not their app. Thanks!
    09-08-2014 10:16 AM
    And they're entirely correct. Google Play does NOT recommend apps through pop-ups. Have you run any ad-network detector apps? Lookout's solution is the most popular one and it should tell you if a rogue app is doing the pop-up thing.

What's weird is that after a factory-reset this is still there. Maybe an ASUS feature gone wrong?
    09-08-2014 10:26 AM
    It's not an ASUS thing. I use GO Launcher on my Note 4 N910A and I get that, too. I have run Lookout and it does not tell me anything about an app doing this. It does APPEAR to be Play Store, as it happens after every single app update or new app download. But it's not Play Store. And the "Recommended For You" are ALWAYS the two same games. So I uninstalled all the games on my phone (I rarely play them anyway) but the popup still happens. I'm close to doing a factory reset. I can't stand this thing.
    05-03-2015 11:57 PM