About 9 days ago I updated my S3 from 4.3 to 4.4.2. Before I could easily go 15-18 hours with light use (some web browsing mainly, a couple texts, etc.) without it dropping below 40%. Since I updated it now drops to 40% in 4-5 hours of no use at all. I've tried multiple things I've read might work such as taking the battery out, factory resets (done 3-4 times), drain the battery completely before recharging it, I even reinstalled the firmware using ODIN. The last thing I did was clear the cache. Clearing the cache helped to drop Android System's battery usage from the 40-50% range down to the 20% range (still much higher than before) but now Cell Standby seems to be draining a lot of battery (around 30%). Below is a screenshot of my battery usage. Keep in mind I have no apps on my phone beside the ones installed with the firmware. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to go through a day without having to carry my charger everywhere I go.
    09-08-2014 10:24 AM
    About 9 days ago I updated my S3 from 4.3 to 4.4.2. Before I could easily go 15-18 hours with light use (some web browsing mainly, a couple texts, etc.) without it dropping below 40%. Since I updated it now drops to 40% in 4-5 hours of no use at all. I've tried multiple things I've read might work such as taking the battery out, factory resets (done 3-4 times), drain the battery completely before recharging it, I even reinstalled the firmware using ODIN. The last thing I did was clear the cache. Clearing the cache helped to drop Android System's battery usage from the 40-50% range down to the 20% range (still much higher than before) but now Cell Standby seems to be draining a lot of battery (around 30%). Below is a screenshot of my battery usage. Keep in mind I have no apps on my phone beside the ones installed with the firmware. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to go through a day without having to carry my charger everywhere I go.
    You're screen shot did not post - likely because it may not be permitted within the AAQ forum. Have you performed a factory reset after the update? If not, do factory reset the device and let us know if you have better results. Don't forget to backup and sync your data.
    09-08-2014 10:36 AM
    You're screen shot did not post - likely because it may not be permitted within the AAQ forum. Have you performed a factory reset after the update? If not, do factory reset the device and let us know if you have better results. Don't forget to backup and sync your data.
    So I did another factory reset, even cleared the cache before doing so, and the same battery draining problem persists. Yesterday for the first time cell standby dropped below 15% battery usage. The one thing that is not dropping is Android System. Whenever I first turn on my phone after charging it, Android system is using 50-60% of the battery, throughout the day it drops to the 18%-25% range. I've checked on another S3 (with 4.3) and Android System is suppose to be down in the 5% range. As a result, I'm assuming Android System is my problem. How can I get it to stop draining my battery?
    09-10-2014 06:06 PM
    Duplicate post, my bad.
    09-10-2014 06:14 PM