How to backup (and restore later) Gmail emails before hard reset on Samsung GS3 (Sprint 4.4.20)

jblat16

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
In short I'm wanting to do a hard reset to my phone, but still be able to access gmail business emails from a prior business account at a later date. I am no longer with the company that used Gmail for business and I need those emails to reference any potential questions, debates, etc. with the employer on expenses.

However, I can't do the reset until I can figure out a way to backup, then either restore or have an external program (presumably from a backed up batch file) access Gmail business emails that are currently on the phone.

Understandably, I no longer have access to the account, so I can't do the reset and then log back in (restore google account on device). Nor can I purge through the emails and forward any emails I want to keep to my personal email- as nothing can be sent or received from that account. The emails are on my phone as they were my last day with the firm, but I can't login via a computer.

Does anyone know how I can back up these emails and be able to access them later? I'm at a loss.

Thank you in advance for ANY help or suggestions.

Josh

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
In short I'm wanting to do a hard reset to my phone, but still be able to access gmail business emails from a prior business account at a later date. I am no longer with the company that used Gmail for business and I need those emails to reference any potential questions, debates, etc. with the employer on expenses.

However, I can't do the reset until I can figure out a way to backup, then either restore or have an external program (presumably from a backed up batch file) access Gmail business emails that are currently on the phone.

Understandably, I no longer have access to the account, so I can't do the reset and then log back in (restore google account on device). Nor can I purge through the emails and forward any emails I want to keep to my personal email- as nothing can be sent or received from that account. The emails are on my phone as they were my last day with the firm, but I can't login via a computer.

Does anyone know how I can back up these emails and be able to access them later? I'm at a loss.

Thank you in advance for ANY help or suggestions.

Josh
Hello! What email client were/are you using?

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL