Text messaging Galaxy S5

A

AC Question

Having issues with MMS text messaging on my AT&T Galaxy S5. Receiving and sending text only messages just fine. When adding a picture or video I usually have to resend message after receiving "failure" to send message. It always works on the retry? When receiving text messages containing a picture or video, I do not get any "alert" that I have received a message. I'm not referring to the alert that can be set when a message is changing to MMS, but an alert that I have received a text message at all. I have to look in my text message "folder" and if there is a message ther, it will require me to download the message and that's when I receive the alert? Can anyone help me with this issue? Not that big of a deal, but it's a hassle and sometimes I "miss" important text messages in a timely manner.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How's your mobile data connection? Sending a photo requires MMS, which goes over mobile data, not wi-fi or voice signal. So if your mobile data signal is unreliable, it might have more trouble sending.

sakrue

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mobile data signal is good. Main issue is not getting an alert on phone when receiving MS messages? The message will be waiting in the inbox but I don't know it's there unless I open the inbox and download the message. When I download the message it alerts me then? All other texts it alerts me no problem?

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Call AT&T Technical support and, speak to the messaging folks. They have a fix for this but it requires you giving them OTA access to your phone. It also puts an app on your phone that they use to help them do the work. This app can be removed after the work is done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan