I have an LG Optimus F6 (MS500) and I listen to music and podcasts all the time in my car. I plug my phone into my radio's auxiliary port with a standard 3.5mm stereo cord. Sometimes moving the jack (or moving the phone) causes my phone to open the "Ok Google" search app. Usually when this happens my phone's screen is off and locked so I just get an audio queue telling me to unlock my device and it interrupts my music. The same thing happens when I use 2 different sets of headphones also.
    I never use the "Ok Google" voice recognition to start a search but I do use the Google Now cards. So I just want to disable the voice recognition so it won't go off in error because of some kind of feedback my stereo cords are sending to the phone.

I've had the setting for "Ok Google" Detection unchecked for a while now but I still get this problem. That setting only mentions detecting "Ok Google" from the Google Now app, I can't find a setting for detection in other apps or from the home screen. The guides online say that the mic icon at the top search bar is supposed to change from a filled in icon to one that isn't filled in but my hasn't changed.
    09-08-2014 12:34 PM
    I've disabled google now in my settings and I still have the same problem.
    Sometimes its easy to make it start voice search with just small movements in the cord so I'll unplug the cord and plug it back in and sometimes after doing that it won't start voice search at all.
    09-16-2014 12:05 PM