Wong Way

wong way

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi, am I pulling my hair out over this situation!!! I have been ripping music from my CDs using Windows Media Player on my laptop and then syncing then across to Google Play Music on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Obviously the memory on the Tab 2 is full so I purchased a 16GB micro SD card and inserted same in the Tab 2. Unfortunately that has not yet solved my problem of being able to put more music on Play Music as nothing is being stored on the micro SD. I have opened Apps Manager, then Play Music, clicked on Storage and can see the tab that states "Move to SD card" but that is not an "active tab'. Nothing happens when clicking that tab. I'd appreciate if someone could offer a solution to my music storage problem. Cheers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have found that Windows Media Player's sync function does not work well for Android devices. Instead of using that program, I would suggest simply copying all of those music files over to the external microSD card using Windows Explorer.

First, unmount the SD card from the tablet (in Settings>Storage). Then remove it, and insert it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one already). Open Windows Explorer, and create a folder on the SD card called "Music." Now drag and drop your music files to that folder. Start with one or two albums to make sure it works, before committing a lot of time and energy copying your entire library over.

Eject the SD card (right click it in Windows Explorer and click Eject), remove it, then insert the microSD card back into the tablet. Go to Settings>Storage to make sure the tablet is registering the card as inserted. Now open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left, and flip the Downloaded switch to On. Do you see the music listed now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21