I have been having issues with the samsung 4 and my carrier (AT&T) has tried over and over to fix my issues.Including replacing the phone..the new phone does the exact thing.
    Today I find out that the s4 is discontinued and defective from the factory..they have connection issues, calls fail and messages fail.( at&T read me the service bulletin from samsung.) After calling Samsung they refuse to admit the issue or company bulletin exists.
    So the fix is to restart the phone several times daily or toggle airplane mode on and off . WE paid way too much money for this product to be defective with no recourse..anyone know where to go from here as far as getting Samsung to make this right?
    09-09-2014 07:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a tough situation. It's always possible that an app that you've installed on both S4's you've had might be causing instability. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and seeing if the problems persist? Steps are at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
    jmagid51 likes this.
    09-09-2014 02:55 PM
    I had an S4 for about 2 years and never had an issue with it. I too was on AT&T. Question for you, how is the AT&T coverage in your area. Mine was terrific, but others have had issues like the ones you describe but they were in a marginal service area for AT&T.
    09-09-2014 03:21 PM