I'm having trouble importing my phone's contacts to my gmail account

Sean Meddock

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung light i believe and I can't seem to find where to sync up my phone's contacts to my gmail account, also someone locked my phone last night and i don't have the password so i believe i am going to remove the sim card and do a master reset...any advice out there of what else to do or possible a previous post to help me out? Thank you for your time!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You mean someone took your phone that previously didn't have a lock code, and then set a lockscreen with a password, and didn't tell you? Was this a friend or enemy?;) You may want to bring the phone to your wireless store and see if they can help.

If your contacts are all associated with a Google account, then they should already be synced to the cloud. If they're all associated with the Phone account, then you'd have to export them to a .csv or .vcf file, then import them into your Google account. In general, I strongly encourage people to enter contacts directly into their Google account, not the Phone account.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar