What's going on with my screen?

AndroidTerry

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
When I first turn on my phone after it's been sitting a while, the phone runs like a brand new phone, but after several minutes, the screen starts to become distorted. I also notice that the screen appears to "wake up" even though I lock it. The screen will continually go off, wake up, go off, wake up, go off, wake up. The screen also renders slower and slower over time until you can't even see what's on the screen. It's like it's being drawn really slow from top to bottom. Eventually the screen becomes completely distorted and the bottom becomes pixelated. See the attached picture to see what I mean.

I believe this is a hardware issue, because the phone exhibits this same behavior when turned off and is charging. Again, this is something that is progressive after turning the phone on. First 2-3 minutes, phone works just fine, then the screen progressively gets worse. A friend suggested that maybe the ribbon cable from the main board to the screen is loose, but I can't see how that can be if it's a progressive problem.

My phone is an unlocked AT&T SM-G730A Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I bought refurbished off Ebay.

Attachments

• Photo-0002.jpg
    Photo-0002.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe it has do to with some wire or component that heats up too much, leading to the screen issues. That might explain why it doesn't happen at first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar