I currently own a galaxy s5, and for the most part love it. I have owned it fro the past 3 or 4 months. But this past week, from last Thursday specifically, I have been getting constant mounting and unmounting notifications from my sd card. Not only is this killing the battery life every time it looks into this sd card of mine, but I need access to the data on there very regularly. I have used this card on my previous phone (Rooted Cyanogen droid RAZR) but had no such issues.

As of right now I have updated my phone and reformatted the sd card, although this makes the error happen less often it does by no means remove it.

The specs of the phone and card include:
    Galaxy S5 on android 4.4.4
    On Verizon Wireless
    SanDisk 32GB Macro SD HC

Thanks so much.

P.S. Now that I think about last Thursday I did drop the phone but I do have an otterbox plastic and rubber case on it at all times.
    09-09-2014 11:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The best thing to try right now is a completely new SD card. Formatting the old card may not help if the card itself is corrupt.
    09-09-2014 11:19 PM
    Have you removed the micro SD card lately? Like in the middle of a download or in the middle of a process that requires it? Because if so it might be corrupted or messed up in another type of way. If you can't find another solution, you might want to reformat your card, which will wipe it clean and basically give you a brand new card, if that turns out to be the issue. And the root off of the old phone might have a partition on it or another file that is messing with your phone. Do you have any files that required root access or anything like that?
    09-09-2014 11:22 PM
    -same guy, made an account-
    The card will read the data, its just almost every time I put it down the sd card unmounts. Are you absolutely sure the card is corrupt?

As I said before I have already tried reformatting the card.
    09-09-2014 11:23 PM
    Try plugging it into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter) and running chkdsk, to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    09-09-2014 11:36 PM