I am unable to cut and paste in the texting application only (as far as I can tell it works fine in email, etc.). When I highlight a word/phrase to cut, then select the cut icon from above, it does not actually cut the item - it just takes the highlighting off. Then if I try to paste something I've just cut, it pastes something really old from my clipboard instead of what I have just cut/copied. Anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong? Is this a bug that needs fixed or is just my phone having a problem.
    09-10-2014 06:51 AM
    Unfortunately that's the way the stock messaging app works for some weird reason.

The only workaround is to hold the entire message for a second or two and a list comes up, choose Copy text.

It'll copy the entire text and after you paste it, you'll need to delete the parts of the message that you don't need.
    Cut/Copy/Paste not working in message texting for Samsung Galaxy S5-1410350783978.jpg
    09-10-2014 07:07 AM
    I'm having trouble copying at all. I long tap on the message, ✅, I select what I want to copy, ✅, and then apparently there's supposed to be a list of options that pops up? That doesn't happen for me.
    05-14-2015 05:29 PM
    I have the Samsung s6 and all I wanted to do was cut and paste a postcode into googlemaps from a text message. It wouldn't let me bring up the select tool to only select the postcode so I had to copy the whle message onto the clipboard. I then tried to edit the copied text to paste into the googlemap search bar but couldn't find a way to do this. So i had to paste the entire text message into the googlemap searchbar but then there was no way to delete all the unnecessary text as there is no way to scroll left and right on the s6 keypad and there was no way to point at all the crap at the beggining of the text message prior to the postcode i actually wanted to copy. Result not able to cut and paste a postcode from text message to googlemaps!

Have I missed something or are samsung being stupid here?? This was never a problem on my HTC desire hd
    11-21-2015 04:05 PM