Black Screen Though Status Bar Present (EVO 3D)

MBounce

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
After turning phone on, or pressing power/resume, only the status bar appears, my home screen is black. If I slide status bar down and select wifi, or any other available shortcut, I can hit back/return and my home screen appears, letting me use the phone like normal. However if I let the screen time-out, or I press power to turn the screen off, I have to go through the above process again. Also it would seem calls from my contacts will light up the phone, giving me the option to answer, though if not from contacts only the status bar shows, rest is black and won't let me answer/slide or anything. Should I simply submerse it in water with a firm grip round it's neck? ;) Thank you!

Mike

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps: EVO 3d - SAFE MODE - SprintUsers.com. If the problem goes away, then something that was installed is causing the problem--but it can be hard to pinpoint. You may have to uninstall apps one by one.

If the problem persists, then you might have to try a factory data reset.

MBounce

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the kind welcome! Safe-Mode didn't work. I feel like this is a setting or something I deleted as it happened the morning after killing/deleting some start-up items. Which setting or item this is, I have no clue; I've reinstalled programs like AVG, not that avg should cause this, but it was one of the items, no luck though.