Small hands, good camera...Which phone?

studcookie

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I was a bit crestfallen when I learned that the 2014 Moto X had been up-sized. Now I'm left wondering what phone to get for my wife. She's petite and these 5+ inch screens mean the notification bar becomes a long uncomfortable reach with one hand. I thought the new Moto X was going to fix the camera and be THE phone.

The two things she wants are a smaller size and a good camera. Too bad the manufacturers seem uninterested in building a phone like that.

So what are her options?
Samsung Galaxy Alpha (meh)
iPhone 6 ?!?!?!?!?

Is that it? Or one of the low-end "mini" models? I get that there's no perfect phone, but how did a phone that's not designed for gorilla hands become a niche product?

She's on Verizon, but could switch to Cricket/AT&T.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There don't seem to be many good-quality compact phones with high quality camera now, at least not Androids. I guess in your position it might be best to go for an iPhone.

If your wife is a photography nut, and Windows Phone is acceptable, I can recommend the Nokia Lumia 1020 from personal experience. Ageing a little, but incomparable camera. Not too large.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Adw launcher allows you to pull down the notifications panel from anywhere on the screen.

Could be helpful and open up your options a bit

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12