Need alarm for appointments

Citizenz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Please can someone recommend an app which will allow me to set appointment and receive an alarm?

I have tried several they are either difficult to set the date/time (and have just been terminated )or just simply ping once which in not enough. I need it to go on ringing intermittently until I turn it off, I would also like a notification when I switch the phone on.

It seem amazing that my smart phone cannot do what my old phone would do, I am going to have to start carrying my old phone about, because I am already missing appointments.

Citizenz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks for your response.

I do not quite understand but while I can find all these on my computer, none of them appear as an option when I search with my phone. I get a completely different set of options when I put in 'to do'.

Seems either I have the wrong version of android, (2,2) or my screen is the wrong size or or or.

Surely an alarm with a date is not beyond expectations. I just want to put in the time AND date AND get an alarm and store the event. Nothing fancy. I am very disappointed/frustated with android system. Going to have to carry my old Razr.

Citizenz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Got one called Ultimate to do list. Brill could set the time and the date, though it is rather fiddly.
Then found I had to set the reminder, very fiddly.

Waited for the reminder time. More frustration - complete silence.

Another waste of space hits the dust.

Citizenz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Finally after installing two more found one which will do. Called Life Reminders. I think it might suit expect it does either an alarm or a ringtone, and if I leave a ring tone running it will run down the battery,

Citizenz

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks for your help, I was putting in the wrong words so did not find what I wanted, so you put me on the right track.

Life reminders proving to be just the ticket. Reset the alarm ringtone and now I get a funky bit to groove on down to when I have an appointment.

And it works well as an egg timer. Nothing fancy but does the basics really well. Got my life back.

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for your help, I was putting in the wrong words so did not find what I wanted, so you put me on the right track.

Life reminders proving to be just the ticket. Reset the alarm ringtone and now I get a funky bit to groove on down to when I have an appointment.

And it works well as an egg timer. Nothing fancy but does the basics really well. Got my life back.
Oh good, I'm glad to hear it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax