Chromecast - Samsung TV HDMI no longer detecting device

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I have been reading lots of posts about potential issues with chromecast, but none of the suggestions do anything for me.

Here's my situation: I have 2 samsung tvs and 2 chromecasts. 1 TV is very old, 1 is pretty new. The old samsung works with both of my chromecasts flawlessly. The new TV worked with a chromecast for about a week and now it doesnt even detect it.

Here's my troubleshooting: I have swapped chromecasts between the two TVs, swapped AC cables, plugged into wall outlets directly, plugged into a surge protector, swapped HDMI ports on the TV, tried using the extenders...all with no luck so don't tell me to do that. I have unplugged my router, reset the TV, unplugged the TV, done hard 25-second resets on the chromecast...nothing works. The chromecast blinks white and will briefly pop up on the chromecast android app, but when I select it, my nexus 5 gets disconnected from WiFi and the chromecast is lost. My HD cable box works fine with the problem TV and works with either HDMI port. I am betting there was some kind of software update that ruined chromecast for me. Anyone have any ideas or help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty