I'm an Android fanboy - but some of the problems are starting to grate on me, and Apple sure is looking good right now.

When KiKat fried my S4, it was the second time a Samsung "update" destoyed my phone (a Stratosphere "update" destroyed that phone a couple years back). Verizon dutifully replaced my S4, but all of the hard resets cost me lots of time re-configuring all of my widgets. Many of my apps would save their settings to my SD card - but with the latest version (KitKat), Android has put a stop to the apps writing to the card, so the info gets lost when I have to do all these damn resets.

The phone is still working - but not at pre-KitKat levels (overheating, sluggish, etc).

iPhone apps save all the app data to itunes during backup.

Any thoughts?
    09-10-2014 12:43 PM
    Welcome to AC
    This seems mostly like a Samsung issue, rather than an Android issue. Samsung seems to be the one with the most updates that "break" devices. The SD card issue sucks, but you wouldn't have one on the iPhone, so you can just store that data on the internal storage.
    As far as backing up data, you can use Helium Backup for saving game data, and Google + for photos, videos, and contacts.
    09-10-2014 12:59 PM