Combined Ecosystems

colethepilot

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, first post here. I have a concern regarding combining Apple and Google ecosystems together that may seem trivial to many of you, but I'm hoping the real enthusiasts out there will be able to understand!

I have a bit of a unique issue with my device selection. It starts with the fact that I MUST own an iPad. The school, and industry I'm in is all Apple. There are many apps I pay annual subscriptions for that are iOS exclusives, and there simply isn't an Android alternative to these apps.

That's all fine and dandy, but I hate iOS. I live in my phone, and owning an iPhone has been nothing but a frustration for me...especially when it comes to multitasking.

Naturally I'm destined to have fragments in my app/device selections. I'll have to download GApps on my iPad and deal with iOS constantly trying to default me back to Safari, iCloud...and pay for some apps twice. I feel like no matter what I do, I'm going to have this ecosystem battle.

Who else has this cross platform set up? How difficult is it for you, and how do you manage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome!
I hope you get an answer to your questions here in AAQ but it sounds like the sort of subject that needs a lot of discussion. So if you get no replies here, you may care to head over to Android OS Discussion & Help forum where you'll be more likely to meet the right people, and repost there....there's even a forum in there for iOS! ☺

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908