Hello I helped a friend set up his LG G2 yesterday. I sent him a text with a mp3 that I made in to a ringtone/notification sound. It has worked just fine on my phone and any other phone its sent to except his. I have even tried to lower the bit rate as someone else on another site said they have had to do on another phone along with converting it to a wav file. When I text it to him it comes through but when you click on it to open it you get message of something like file is not supported both with it as a mp3 and wav file. also have tried to download it and get a error. I have yet to email it to him to see if it works or try sending a file from someone else's phone to see if we still get the errors.
    Dose anyone know why we are having this trouble I have even tried to download MX Player in hopes that would fix it.
    09-11-2014 01:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a direct answer, but consider uploading the mp3 file to your Google Drive, then sharing it with your friend. He can download it from his Google Drive, then see if it works.
    09-11-2014 10:27 PM