I have tried a bunch of 3rd party apps because I like to text from my laptop when I am working on it rather then using the device itself. However, none of them are as good as using the device itself for sending texts when I am not at my laptop. Is there anyway to use the native samsung text messaging app on the desktop to text any phone. (not just other android or google hangout devices)

I have a Samsung Note III
    09-11-2014 08:40 AM
    Yes, install SideSync 3.

It will let you either mirror your phone on your computer (yes, the entire phone) and use it on your screen with your mouse and keyboard acting as your fingers, or you can share the mouse and keyboard with the phone. I usually use the latter, having my phone just lying in front of me as an extra mini-screen. If I need to text or write an e-mail, I use my computer keyboard. You can connect either via USB or WiFi.

I think the new Hangouts update will also let you do that from the GMail applet, BUT I'd hold off on that one for a few days as a lot of users are reporting major issues when switching to the new version and activating the Google Voice integration.
    09-11-2014 10:40 AM