Remove Facebook Photos from Gallery (without removing from Facebook itself)

A

AC Question

I've googled and come up empty on this. Plenty on this for the S4 and S3, but not the S5. I want to remove the Facebook photos from my Gallery app, while making sure they don't get deleted from my Facebook account itself.

In my Settings > Accounts > Facebook > Sync with your device - The Sync with your device option isn't checked.

Additionally, in the Facebook App > Help & Settings > App Settings > Sync Photos - It says "Don't sync my photos" - yet all my photos from Facebook are sitting in my Gallery application.

How do I make this a permanent situation, where they won't sync, and I get rid of the hundreds that are there (on my phone) without removing them from my account?

-Jared

Andrea Mc

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Go to the Gallery, hit the menu button (or tap and hold the task switcher, it should do the same), select Content to Display, and un-tick the Content in Facebook option.

Only problem with this is that now there are no photos associated with my contacts unless they have a google+ account.... most if my contacts pulled photos from their FB Profile... must be a way to have both without having FB use up all your gallery space???

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only problem with this is that now there are no photos associated with my contacts unless they have a google+ account.... most if my contacts pulled photos from their FB Profile... must be a way to have both without having FB use up all your gallery space???

Posted via the Android Central App

Those are two very different things. Facebook has an option to sync contacts AND an option to sync pictures to the Gallery. One does not pertain to the other. But the contact sync option, I believe, cannot be found inside the app, you have to do it from your Account Settings in your phone, and AFAIK, not all phones are supported.

If you just want the contact picture sync, might I suggest HaxSync? It does just that (and Calendar events, but so far I haven't had issues with that).