lg g3 texting virus

A

AC Question

We just got a new phone lg g3 less than a week ago. Today when I sent messages, it includes an attachment with the following message: ------heartless *****!!------- to everyone I send it to. I have not recently downloaded anything and haven't even connected my bluetooth to it yet. How do I remove this ?! It's a new phone and have only very few contacts on it still but I can't text now with this message being included in every text message.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else have their hands on your phone when you weren't looking? It sounds like some prank app someone put on there.

Go to Settings, Apps and swipe to All. Study the list of apps to try to find anything that looks suspicious. Good luck.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
We just got a new phone lg g3 less than a week ago. Today when I sent messages, it includes an attachment with the following message: ------heartless *****!!------- to everyone I send it to. I have not recently downloaded anything and haven't even connected my bluetooth to it yet. How do I remove this ?! It's a new phone and have only very few contacts on it still but I can't text now with this message being included in every text message.
Hello. You could try to do a factory reset and see if that will fix it. I would back up the contacts first with Google.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL