How do you get your phone (Galaxy S5) to recognize google music player instead of Samsung music play

A

AC Question

Hi does anyone know how to get your phone to recognize Google music player instead of the Samsung music player? My problem is I listen to music when I drive and in Car Mode, when I say Play Music it connects to the Samsung music player. (My songs are all on my SD card and when I use Samsung music player it has no problem with them but it does not recognize the songs that I have purchased from Play Google). Any ideas?

Or is there a way to get the Samsung player to acknowledge the purchased songs in Google music player? That would also cure my issue. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if S Voice can launch Google Play Music. You could try clearing the app defaults to see if you can get it to open a different music app--go to the App Manager, tap the Menu button, and Reset All App Preferences. Keep in mind that this will reenable any disabled apps.

In order to have the Samsung Music Player recognize your Google Play Music tracks, you'd have to download them to your computer from your Google Music Library website, then transfer those MP3 files to your phone via USB.