I've never owned a phone before. I've never been a part of any wireless provider. But I want to change that soon. I plan on getting the Note 4, but I'm trying to figure out how I should proceed when it comes to purchasing it. Should I buy it unlocked, full price? Or should I sign a contract with a provider?

If so, which provider?

I want unlimited text, talk, and fast internet. I'm very new to phones, so I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks
    09-11-2014 10:23 PM
    Welcome to AC
    The carrier best for you varies wildly depending on where you live. If you live in a rural area, maybe Verizon is best for you. Or maybe you live in a big city where T-Mo has great coverage and speeds. You can type in your address on sensory.com and check your coverage for each carrier
    As far as the phone goes, I think most would prefer not to sign a contract in case you ever want to leave that carrier or change your phone within those two years. The Note 4 off contract is fairly expensive though, so maybe you don't want to spend all that money at once (over the 2 years the amount you pay will be similar. It's just the initial payment that is very different).
    Do you have anyone you can ask about carrier coverage in your area? Maybe friends with different providers
    09-11-2014 11:00 PM