I would be glad if someone could kindly help me with this.. I got a nexus locked to verizon. i gave it to one cdma carrier in my county and they unlocked it to have voice working on it but the tech said he couldnt get data to work.. I am not sure if there could be a way to work around it.. I would be grateful.the android version on it is 4.1.2.. One thing i also see on it is that, the network says sprint but its not sprint. we dont have sprint here.. the build version is EOS JZO54K nightly 63.
    When i go to about phone and status, i dont see phone number. MIN is Unknown, PRL version, Unknown. Mobile network state is disconnected.
    Also, when i choose network mode for LTE/ CDMA, i lose signal and i am not able to make calls. i can only make calls when its on CDMA mode. We dont have LTE here but i know we have EVDO and HSPA.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you.
    09-12-2014 04:03 AM
    I would start by replacing the SIM Card with one from the carrier you have now chosen. I did the very same thing with my GNEX. My carrier is Verizon, and they provided and installed the SIM Card for free, and made sure all of my settings were correct. Good luck! and please, let us know if you make any progress!
    Gary

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2014 01:50 AM
    Another thing to look at is whether you have a GSM phone that's trying to work on an LTE or CDMA network, or vice versa... That definitely won't work.
    Gary

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2014 01:58 AM