Word processor for android tablets that allows customized shortcuts/autocorrect?

A

AC Question

Hi, I'm using a lenovo ideapad A10 convertible tablet to take notes and I need a good word processor. I don't mind if I have to pay, but I want more than extremely basic settings like bold, italics and center.

More specifically, I would like to be able to customize autocorrect. I can't seem to find a way to enable any sort of autocorrect when I use the external keyboard, but I need that option, at least in the context of word processing. If this can be achieved via another app that would work for the whole tablet, that'd be fine as well, but I can't seem to find it. Simply being able to tell the tablet to change things like "tmi" in "too much information" while still using the external keyboard.

One of the more advanced softwares I've seen recommended was Office Suite Pro but it doesn't have the Autocorrect options.

Ideally, I would also like for there to be actual shortcuts (nothing too advanced, but a simple Ctrl+J to justify, Ctrl+E to center or Ctrl+I to put in italics would help my work flow so much) or to have once again the possibility to customize that, but I don't really believe I'll find that kind of software, so that's not as important.

I would really appreciate any options, thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, as for the shortcuts, the upcoming MS Office suite for tablets should have something similar. As for the autocorrect, I use SwiftKey as my 'soft' keyboard, and when I connect my BT one, that's the one that handles it, and it has an option to autocorrect as you type and show you the same three suggestions you'd see for predictions when using the touchscreen one.

Unfortunately, I can't remember a keyboard that will provide the custom autocorrect feature. I remember loving that feature from my BlackBerry days and, mostly giving up, never saw it again on Android.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, no luck with dates yet. All that has been said it's that it's supposed to be coming out this year... and the year is quickly drawing to a close haha. The beta was pushed a few months ago, so I'm hoping it won't take much longer. I love a lot of the options out there, but my company is pretty tied to some features that only MS Office offers, and currently I can only use the Office365 web versions, which are not as nice as a stand-alone, designed-for-tablets app like the one they released for the iPad.

Xupz

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
All right, thanks!

In case someone interested finds this thread, this is my final set up: TextMaker (nicest word processor I've found -i've tried a bunch-, 4€, light, with all the relevant shortcuts) and External Keyboard Helper Pro, an app that works in the background to do some customisation of the keyboard setting. I never did find a way to actually use autocorrect with the external keyboard, but I'm quite satisfied with those two apps, and they work well with each other (some word processors are too slow to keep up with the extra load of EKHP and the typing gets delayed.)